Hi everyone! I wanted to give you a heads up, a forewarning if you will, to keep your eyes glued to this spot here. *points* Why? Because there’s this AWESOME thing happening soon right here on my blog and you wouldn’t want to miss it.
The thing is called 50 Questions with Tia, and it goes something like this: I have a list of 50 questions (posted below), and I’ve asked my fellow Dreamspinner Press authors to participate in the madness. They were able to pick two questions from those fifty and then they also had to come up with a bonus question of their own. To add to those three, I hand-picked three more, bringing the total up to six questions. Then they answered those, and I’m about to start posting them here on my blog weekly, sometimes twice a week.
Authors that are participating include Anna Martin, Zahra Owens, Jay Northcote, Raine O’Tierney and KZ Snow and many, many more.
So what are those questions, you ask? Well here you go, the complete list of my questions. Whichever did your favorite author pick? You’ll see soon enough!
1) You’re going to end up on a desert island, all alone except a couple from one of your published stories. You get to choose, but keep in mind you’d probably end up witnessing them trying to kill boredom with sex. A lot. Which couple would you choose, and why?
2) What’s your go-to book of any genre when you want to feel good?
3) Name an author from the M/M romance genre you admire, then tell us why.
4) Sometimes authors say they have voices in their heads that comment on mundane things even while we’re not writing those exact characters. Do you have any experiences on such a thing? Has a character piped up surprisingly in your head?
5) Is there, or has there been, a person in your life you dreaded telling about writing M/M romance?
6) Everyone hits a pothole sometimes when writing. How do you cope with temporary writer’s blocks?
7) Do you prefer to write one story at a time, or do you have several WIPs at any time? Have you ever gone back to a really old WIP you’ve abandoned and finished it?
8) Do you have a writer’s cat or a dog or some other animal (spouses count if you want them to)?
9) Have you studied anything that you consider backs you up as a writer? Research doesn’t count.
10) What’s the weirdest bit of inspiration that has led to an actual published story?
11) Do you watch TV? If yes, what’s your favorite show? If not, why?
12) If you could live a day in your favorite film of all time, knowing to come out of the experience alive and well no matter the genre of the movie (for example, horror), would you?
13) Are there things or themes you regret writing, when you look back at your published works?
14) Is there a theme you would like to explore in your writing? Not necessarily a genre, but a theme like HIV, poverty, domestic violence, addiction, insta-love, that sort of thing?
15) Do you listen to music while you write? Do you make playlists for stories, or do you consider some song the “theme” to a story you’ve written?
16) Do you believe in the supernatural (using the term loosely here)? If so, what kind, i.e. UFOs, ghosts, rebirth, poltergeist?
17) Do you consider yourself a spiritual/religious person?
18) Do you like puzzles? If so, what kind?
19) Computer games, yes or no?
20) Are you a caffeine addict?
21) Quick, a shooting star! What did you wish for?
22) What’s a scent you like? How about something smelly you hate?
23) Do your bras and panties match? If you don’t use those, what kind of underwear do you prefer? (Look at me being gender neutral!)
24) Do you work better under a deadline or not?
25) I have a theory about many writers suffering from depression at one point of their life or another. Are you one of those authors?
26) You’ve just submitted a work to a potential publisher. Do you get the “post submission slump” some authors get? If not, do you realize how lucky you are (ha ha…)? If you do, how do you deal with it?
27) For some reason, you are required to uproot your life and move to another country. You can only take your pets and your immediate family (spouse, kids, but not your parents or other relatives). Where do you move and why?
28) Could you just stop writing, for the rest of your life? (You can figure out a reason of your own if you want to.)
29) What’s the bravest thing you’ve done in your life and why? (Can’t be about writing, this one.)
30) You can only watch one TV show for the rest of your life. What show is it? Why?
31) Do you still write letters by hand, or send post cards outside vacations/birthdays/etc?
32) Think about yourself fifteen years ago. What would you want to tell that person that’s not too personal to share with us?
33) Do you belong to a fandom? If so, which one/s?
34) Who is your literary idol and why?
35) Have you been good at some sports at some point in your life?
36) Writing summaries and blurbs, love it or hate it?
37) Almost everyone has a quote that has stuck with them for a long time. Do you have one?
38) What’s the event that has most shaped you as a writer?
39) You can time travel safely, knowing that you won’t be harmed and will come back in a week. You can go back in time (50 years) or into the future (100 years). Which do you pick, where will you go, and why?
40) Do you consider yourself a romantic? If so, what’s the last thing you did you consider romantic?
41) Adopt a baby tiger or a baby polar bear. Pick one and why?
42) Do you have a personal theme song? If not, when what’s the song that makes you dance in your seat every time you hear it randomly (on the radio, on TV etc.)?
43) Who is your celebrity crush? Would it change if you knew you could get that person?
44) If you were drunk, who would you like to look after you?
45) Do you have a lucky number? Why?
46) What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage? If you don’t drink alcohol, favorite soda?
47) Confess something.
48) If you could wake up tomorrow with any real-life skill that would normally take years to master (for example; astrophysics, ballet, fine art, professional football player, chef) what would you pick and why?
49) What Hogwarts house are you in?
50) Do you have tattoos? If you do, tell us about it/them? If not, would you have one or not, and why?
First post will be my dear friend and co-author Anna Martin, and I hope to get it posted this coming weekend! I hope you’ll enjoy the madness!